IB World School Scholarships
Why apply for our prestigious scholarships
We offer IB Diploma scholarships to students who contribute to our thriving learning community, academically and through experiences, achievements and interests. Whether you live in the UK and overseas, you are eligible to apply.
Our day and boarding scholarships, may be partial or full scholarship awards. All scholarships are awarded for the full course.
Join the cohort of successful applicants who have received an academic scholarship and benefitted from our specialist teaching, pastoral and careers teams.
Our scholarship deadline is approaching.
You must apply by the deadline and attend our assessment day to meet the criteria.
Register your interest
Click the link below to register your interest for entry in September 2024.
Scholarship dates and deadlines:
Day Application deadline – Friday 20 October 2023
Day Scholarship Assessment Day – Saturday 4 November 2023
Boarding Application deadline – Friday 26 January 2024
Boarding Scholarship Assessment Day – Saturday 2 March 2024
Types of IB scholarships available
Anne Dreydel Foundation Scholarship
A select number of our scholarship awards are designated as the ‘Anne Dreydel Foundation Scholarships’ our founder in 1953 and run for the full two years of the IB Diploma:
- Day places: The maximum scholarship award covers the IB Diploma tuition fees.
- Boarding places: The maximum scholarship award covers the IB tuition and residential fees.
Partial scholarship awards
We also offer partial awards which apply for the full two years of the IB Diploma:
- Day places: The scholarship award covers a percentage of the IB Diploma tuition fees.
- Boarding places: The scholarship award covers a percentage of the IB tuition and residential fees.
Frequently asked questions from scholarship applicants
Am I eligible to apply for an academic scholarship?
We welcome scholarship applications from students in the UK and overseas.
How do I apply for an academic scholarship?
Please contact us, with any questions you may have about the application procedure.
What is the selection criteria for a scholarship?
- You may be selected based your academic achievements, experiences and interests.
- Our scholarships are means-tested, so if you apply, you must be willing to disclose and prove the full income and assets of the applicant’s parents.
- All shortlisted applicants must attend our Scholarship Assessment Day.
What you can expect from our Scholarship Assessment Day?
Our Scholarship Assessment Day includes two written examinations, a group exercise and a series of short interviews. However, it’s more than just an assessment day. It’s an opportunity to meet new people, show us what motivates you, and highlight your passions as well as your future career goals.
What course costs are not covered by our scholarships?
Our scholarship awards do not cover additional costs such as books and trips.