Most international students will need a visa to study in the UK. The type of visa you apply for depends on many factors including your nationality (passport issuing country), age, course type and length. 

It is really easy to check if you need a visa on the UK Government website.

We are a licensed education sponsor and we can issue you with documents to support your visa application such as Confirmation of Acceptance to Study (CAS)

The table below is a guide that outlines and visa type you may need for our courses.

To find out what the requirements are for each visa click on the tick or visa header.

The list is not exhaustive and visa types may vary according to your individual circumstances.  If you are unsure please go to UK Government Visa and Immigration or contact us at

Child Student VisaStudent VisaShort Term Study VisaStandard Visitor Visa
IB Diploma Programme – under 18
IB Diploma Programme – over 18*
Pre-IB course – less than 6 months
Pre-IB course – over 6 months
University Foundation Programme*
Undergraduate Programme
English plus Academic Subjects
English Courses (6 months or less)
English Courses (6 – 11 months)
English course followed by English plus Academic Subjects*
English plus Academic Subjects followed by Undergraduate Programme*
*Secure English Language Test (SELT)

If you apply for a Student Route Visa you will need to prove your knowledge of English through a SELT at an approved provider.  Please click on the link here for approved tests and testing centres.

Students from EU/EEA or Switzerland

Students travelling with nationality/passport issued from EU, EEA countries or Switzerland do not need visas to study in the UK for 6 months or less.

You must provide a valid passport. Your passport should be valid for the whole of your stay in the UK.

You may also be asked to prove that: you’ve been accepted on to a course by an accredited institution, for example a letter of acceptance on official headed paper stating the course name, duration and cost:

If you’re under 18 and travelling alone. You may need to provide a letter (template here) from your parent or guardian giving:their contact details and consent for you to travel to the UK.