English plus Academic Subjects
A stimulating alternative to the traditional English language course
This course combines English for Academic Purposes with university level subject classes. Ideal for high level students, those on a gap year or pre-master’s students preparing for further study.
Teaching is excellent and results in high levels of student engagement and motivation to learn – ISI PFE March 2019
Key benefits include:
- – Small and interactive groups
- – Intellectually-engaging classes help you improve your English language competence
- – External exam assessment (Cambridge/IELTS) provides focus
- – Deepening your understanding of a subject you have already studied or
- – Sampling a new subject for future further/higher education
- – Excellent Careers and Higher Education guidance
- – Studying alongside native English speakers (on 14-week programme)
- – Mixing in an international community
- – Experiencing a Liberal Arts model of study
- – Improving your application to competitive universities
- – ‘International Classroom’ criterion required by some European universities (eg Maastricht, Erasmus University Rotterdam) met by the course
- – Full activities and excursions programme
Subject areas for the 14-week programme include:
Business and Economics Communications and Media Social Sciences And many more! Click on the Semester Course. We also have a 5-week Compact course starting in May 2019 for the further details please click on Compact Course.
Students interested in enrolling for a full academic year, and have IELTS 5.5 or upper intermediate, may take the English plus Academic Subjects programme in the autumn semester with the option of joining the Undergraduate Programme in the spring semester.